Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Current project : Already dated

I'm not sure I will make myself understood but will have a try.
Artists and mail artists are attached to their their freedom and it is understandable that they do what they like. That is how I do it myself. However, having issued several mail art calls, I sometimes sometimes wonder if the mails I receive are friendly free mail art or submissions for my calls.
On the other hand, some people who without any doubt understood my project as it is expressed seem to be unsure about it and ask me if the things they send are OK for may call!
Since I don't want to comment any particular submission, let's simply say that I expected this time a process : first thing you find something with a date, second thing you alter it or not and send it to me! If you are accustomed to make your own art, very well, this is what I expect too, but take the call as a challenge : do it on the found thing with a date that you didn't make yourself - don't add a date to the thing you've made first!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home